Although it may seem like a small point when the illnesses that cause it can be so severe, the hair loss and thinning commonly seen from the physical and emotional stresses of modern life, or even severe illness, routinely add even more insult to the injury.
Until now, all we could do was optimize nutritional support with the Energy Revitalization System Vitamin Powder, optimize thyroid function, and make sure that the ferritin blood test for iron was at least 100. Although these frequently help considerably, all too often it is not enough.
Most often, hair loss is caused by a condition called Telogen Effluvium. This is where a severe stress or infection (such as fibromyalgia, any of a number of infections, or adverse changes in thyroid hormone levels) cause many of your hair follicles to all go into the resting (telogen) phase. Then two to three months into this resting phase, the hair falls out, making you want to cry when you look at your hairbrush!
Most often, if one is healthy, the hair can then grow back. But all too often, the hair stays thin. The good news? Now there is something you can take to help, and people are loving it! It is called "Hair Renew," (by Terry Naturally) and contains a number of unique and key nutrients. But what makes it especially powerful is Millet Seed oil and the herb horsetail, combined with 5000 µg biotin and key amino acids.
Horsetail Is a unique plant which has Immune supporting, remineralizing and regenerating effects. It is a rich source of flavonoids, potassium, and silicon. Put simply, large amounts of these three are needed for rapidly growing tissue such as healthy hair and skin.1 The level of silicon in the body decreases with age, which also results in nail and hair brittleness, along with decreased resistance to fungal and bacterial infections.
But especially powerful for hair growth are the components found in Millet Seed Oil. In two studies, this was found to be very effective after three months of use. Not just in getting hair out of the telogen phase, but even in people with the most severe health problems!2,3
People have also clinically found Biotin to be very helpful. All of these together not only seem to markedly decrease hair loss over three months, but improves hair thickness and shine. These, and more, are all combined in the Hair Renew.
Iron also has presumed to be critical for hair growth, and dermatologists at the Cleveland Clinic will keep ferritin (the key test for iron levels) over 100, even though normal is anything over 12. But I generally will not give iron supplementation unless the person has had a blood test to make sure that iron levels are not too high.
Got hair thinning? Combine the Energy Revitalization System and Hair Renew for three months. And watch your hair start coming back!
- Horsetail- Szponar L, Sto? K, O?tarzewski M. Suplementy diety - mo?liwo?ci ich wykorzystania w prewencji wybranych niedoborów ?ywieniowych [Polish] ?yw Cz?ow Metab. 2004;31(Suppl. I):441-6.
- J Cosmet Dermatol. 2019 May 28. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12998. [Epub ahead of print]
- "Miliacin encapsulated by polar lipids stimulates cell proliferation in hair bulb
- and improves telogen effluvium in women".Keophiphath M(1), Courbière C(2), Manzato L(1), Lamour I(3), Gaillard E(3).
- Gardani G, et al. A case-control study of Panicum Miliaceum in the treatment of cancer chemotherapy-induced alopecia. Minerva Medi. 2007 Dec;98(6):661-664.
New Help for Thinning Hair
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode
Jacob E Teitelbaum, MD
Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, is a board certified internist and Medical Director of the national Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers and Chronicity. He is author of the popular free iPhone application "Cures A-Z," and author of the best-selling books
- The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution: The Essential Guide to Overcoming Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia
- From Fatigued to Fantastic!
- Pain Free 1-2-3
- Three Steps to Happiness: Healing Through Joy
- The Complete Guide to Beating Sugar Addiction
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! Cookbook
- Real Cause, Real Cure: The 9 root causes of the most common health problems and how to solve them
Dr. Teitelbaum knows CFS/fibromyalgia as an insider — he contracted CFS when he was in medical school and had to drop out for a year to recover. In the ensuing 25 years, he has dedicated his career to finding effective treatments.