This new series provides not only healthy recipes but also the health benefits of each ingredient.
Expanding on my love of healthy cooking and
ethnic diversity, my recipes are created and tested
in my institute kitchen to insure they are packed
with nutrition AND the ability to assist overall
detoxification, which is the basics for wholistic
rejuvenation. This recipe is not a main course but a
great side-dish and/or appetizer.
- 3 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 pounds organic carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium sized organic garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pepper (can use white or black – white pepper has more of a “bite”)
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh organic parsley or cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high and add the carrots and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until they begin to soften (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and cinnamon and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook, until the carrots are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a food processor blend the carrots. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until the dip is chilled, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with the cilantro before serving with healthy veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, jicama slices, etc. Note: Best when refrigerated overnight to allow flavor of spices to intensify.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
Enjoy the taste and reap the health benefits.
Coconut oil: healthy fat, antimicrobial, lowers cholesterol and
triglyceride levels, improves coagulation and antioxidant blood
levels, boosts ketone bodies in blood supplying energy to the
brain and even relieving Alzheimer’s symptoms, reduces BMI
(body mass index).
Carrots— actually considered a vessel for vitamin A – containing
a large amount of vitamin A. Additionally, they’re rich with
vitamin C, E, B6, K and many more.
Garlic—fresh: immune booster, blood pressure aid, cholesterol
lowering, high in antioxidants, reduces heavy metal toxicity.
Ginger—fresh: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich, anti-nausea,
aids digestion, lowers blood sugar, cholesterol reducer, immune
Coriander—ground: anti-inflammatory, reduces edema, diuretic,
helps multiple skin conditions, lowers cholesterol, digestive aid,
bone health assist, antimicrobial, blood sugar regulator.
Cumin—ground: anti-stress, helps insulin sensitivity, high in
antioxidants, digestive aid, antiviral, iron-rich, detoxifying.
Cinnamon—ground: assists with insulin response, improved
glucose and cholesterol levels, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral,
assist with symptoms in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, antiinflammatory
(Note: These apply specifically to Cinnamomum verum not Cinnamomum cassia.
Himalayan sea salt—purity, pH balance, high mineral content,
blood pressure regulator, assists digestion, blood sugar
modulator, improves bone, vascular and respiratory health, prevents muscle cramps.
Black pepper—digestive aid, detoxifying, antibacterial, antioxidant,
brain health, anti-inflammatory. (Note: after a abdominal surgery,
sneezing and intestinal irritation may be of concern.)
Filtered water—purity of source.
Apple Cider vinegar—antibacterial, lowers blood sugar after meals,
may help cholesterol, triglyceride levels and blood pressure.
Parsley or cilantro—fresh: rich in vitamins A, B9, C, iron, K,
A 6-week guided Rejuvenation DETOX TeleClass is taught several
times per year, it includes PowerPoints and Screen-sharing for better
Health thru EducationTM, register now at www.gloriagilbere.com (look in the SLIDER for specifics and to register) …you don’t have
to download software—once you register online your acknowledgement
provides a phone number to call to join the class AND a link
to see my presentation live. All you do is click the link, provide your
first name and email so the system verifies you’re registered. Get
in shape and begin your rejuvenation program with individualized
support via our TeleClass.
BONUS: Once you participate in a Rejuvenation DETOX TeleClass,
taught 3–4 times per year, you can repeat it three more times at NO
CHARGE by registering with the Institute office at: (888) 352-8175,
space is limited so first-come, first-serve.